For CPP Group, a sound governance framework underpins our ability to achieve our strategic goals and deliver long-term value for stakeholders.
The Board has adopted the Quoted Companies Alliance Corporate Governance Code (‘QCA Code’) which provides a flexible but rigorous outcome-orientated framework that we believe is well suited to the Group. We operate a truly international business, employing colleagues from very different cultures. Internal controls are built around clear Group-wide policies, national procedures consistent with those policies, and a strong internal assurance function reporting on compliance.
An overview of how the Group currently complies with each of the ten principles of the QCA Code is given in our Corporate Governance Statement. Further details may be found in our Annual Report & Accounts.
Supported by its committee structure, the Board devotes quality time to monitoring the Group’s performance and the application of Group policies and standards across the Group.
Our governance framework
The Board comprises five Directors – the Chairman, two Executive Directors and two Non-Executive Directors.
Membership at 1 January 2022
David Morrison (Chair)
Meetings held in 2021
Key matters reserved for the Board:
- responsibility for the overall leadership of the Group and setting the Group’s values and standards;
- approval of the Group’s long-term ambitions, objectives and commercial strategy;
- material changes to the Group’s corporate structure, including any acquisitions or disposals;
- ensuring maintenance of a sound system of internal control and risk management;
- approval of annual and half-year results and trading updates;
- approval of the dividend policy; and
- material capital investments.
Recommend to the Board the remuneration of the Chairman, Executive Directors, Company Secretary and senior management.
Membership at 18 March 2021
- Mark Hamlin (Chair)
- Simon Thompson
- Tim Elliott
Meetings held in 2020
Meet our Board of Directors
Our board are committed to advancing our strategic ambitions within a strong governance framework, under the leadership of our Chief Executive Officer Jason Walsh.
The board is made up of 3 non-executive and 2 executive directors and meets at least four times a year to discuss strategic, financial and commercial priorities.
Find out more about the CPP Group Board below.